Passion for Promarkers Copyright Notice

The design work, text, photographs and videos on this site belong to ©Passion for Promarkers and each individual designer that contributes to this site. This information is shared to inspire you. All content on this site is not to be used for commercial purposes without explicit permission.
Please do not reproduce these articles in any way, mechanical or electronic for anything other than personal use only. But you may hyperlink to any of the articles giving due credit
Thank you!

Important

Weekend Workshops are published every Friday and all are available in PDF format so you can print out and keep them.

All workshops can be downloaded by clicking the small icon at the end of each post.


..........

Friday 19 November 2010

Weekend workshop#64

I can not believe a week has passed since I last posted, where does the time go!!

We have a surprise coming up next week on the main blog so don’t forget to pop over on Tuesday at 9am to see all the action!

This week we have a great tutorial from Sue, if you have bought some Aquamarkers and don’t know where to begin this is the tutorial you need……so over to Sue…..

 

Hi, it's Sue here and I've put together a tutorial to show you how to get started with Aquamarkers. As Aquamarkers are waterbased you need to use Stazon ink as this won't bleed or run when water is used and it dries really quickly. I've used Jet Black, but you could use any colour you like.

The paper that I've used is a Hot Pressed Watercolour paper which is great as it doesn't warp when water is used. I always have a sheet of kitchen roll next to me so that I can use it to dab off excess water from my paint brush. If you have a waterbrush, that's fine to use too, I just prefer an ordinary paint brush. The stamp I've used is a fab one by Whipper Snapper. First of all I scribble some ink onto an acrylic block and with a damp paintbrush, pick up some of the ink and do a first layer making the colour very pale.

I start to build the colour up going over areas where they need to be darker due to shadow.

To get extra depth to the colour I take the pen direct to the paper and then blend the ink with the damp paint brush.

The colour builds up quite slowly so sometimes it takes several layers of ink to get to the desired strength of colour. The beauty with Aquamarkers is that the colour blends so easily with a damp paint brush and you can get just about any shade you like.

For the neck trim of the gown I've used Sunburst Yellow and again I painted a pale coat first then I took the pen direct to the paper to add some depth to the colour, all the while blending with my damp paint brush.

For the wooden stand I've used Gold Ochre and Mahogany. I've used Gold Ochre first giving the stand an all over coat. I then used the Gold Ochre direct to the paper to add depth of colour and shade.

The Mahogany was just used where the shade would be the darkest, in this case the left hand side of the stand.

For the scroll I used Cream and Eggshell, just giving it a light coat and adding a little shade to the lower edge.

The last colour I used is my favourite and that's Sangria. It's such a deliciously rich colour, and I've used it for the tie around the scroll. It's also possible to use digi images with Aquamarkers by heat setting the image. Just use your heat gun to waft over the printed image for a few seconds. You do need to be more careful with the amount of water you use as the watercolour paper I've used here wouldn't go through my printer and the card wouldn't be as resistant to warping as it's not as absorbent. I hope you've found this useful ! Sue x

Now don’t forget to come and see us for a few surprised on Tuesday, you won’t be disappointed :)

Have a great weekend

Hugs Gina, Denise and the Design Team

3 comments:

  1. fab tutorial Sue really easy to follow
    Debz
    x

    ReplyDelete
  2. this is a fab tutorial thankyou i really want to try the aqua promarkers and this makes me want them even more xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't have enough of these tuts about the aquas. Wonderful colouring Sue.
    xMarie

    ReplyDelete