Passion for Promarkers Copyright Notice

The design work, text, photographs and videos on this site belong to ©Passion for Promarkers and each individual designer that contributes to this site. This information is shared to inspire you. All content on this site is not to be used for commercial purposes without explicit permission.
Please do not reproduce these articles in any way, mechanical or electronic for anything other than personal use only. But you may hyperlink to any of the articles giving due credit
Thank you!

Important

Weekend Workshops are published every Friday and all are available in PDF format so you can print out and keep them.

All workshops can be downloaded by clicking the small icon at the end of each post.


..........

Thursday 18 February 2010

Weekend Workshop #34

This week we have a fabulous monochrome tutorial from Debbi so without further ado its over to Debbi -

It feels like ages since I last did a tutorial, so I thought I'd get back to basics again and show you how I do another monochrome image. You can achieve a really striking effect with just a few grey promarkers.

Firstly here's what I used: Stampin' Up, Whisper White cardstock, Memento Tuxedo Black inkpad, Coffee Time stamp from Sugar Nellie and Ice Grey 1,2,3,4 and 5 promarkers
Stamp your image onto the cardstock
Using the Ice Grey 1, I coloured where the shadowed areas of her skin would be, e.g. under the fringe, under her chin, the bottom side of her hands
Then I used Ice grey 1 again to colour most of her hair, leaving a small section in the middle white
I then took the Ice grey 2, and coloured over most of the area I coloured in the previous step, again leaving a small section near the middle in Ice Grey 1
Repeat this with the Ice Grey 3, then 4 and 5
I then used Ice Grey 1 in small circular motions all over the hair to blend the hard lines, you may have to do this more than once to get rid of the hard lines


For her tights and sleeves, I coloured the whole areas with Ice Grey 2 - using small circular motions
I used Ice Grey 4 to colour lines on either side of alternate stripes on her tights and sleeves
I then used Ice Grey 3 to colour the stripes in between, and then Ice Grey 5 on either side of these darker stripes - this makes the legs and arms look more rounded.
Using the same blending techniques as before, I coloured the dress, coffee cup and shoes


And the finished image...

I hope that has been of some help, and look forward to seeing you all try it out.
Debz
x



I think you will agree it is a fabulous tut, don't forget this weeks challenge runs until Tuesday

Hugs Gina, Denise and Design Team xxx

3 comments:

  1. Fab tutorial, I love the monochrome look, will definitely be giving this a go ! Sue C x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I never thought of using grey as a colour. More of using it as shadows. But what a fab idea. Thanks. I'll give it a try.
    Norma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for a nice tut!
    That was fab!
    I cannot wait for more tips!
    xo
    Anary

    ReplyDelete